KEY FEATURES OF THE CM-8M FULL-FACE RESPIRATOR:
- Contoured panoramic visor provides maximum field of view (92.5%) while preserving compatibility with night vision goggles, thermal optics and rifle scopes
- 20-year shelf life
- Uses widely available NATO-standard, 40-mm filter cartridges
- Durable bromobutyl rubber construction (meets CBRN protection standards)
- Tested for compatibility with a variety of high-cut helmets
- Hypoallergenic inner mask prevents fogging, even under hard use
- Tested resistance to mustard gas penetration for nearly 30 hours
- Fits up to 2 standard 40-mm 1/7” NATO filter cartridges (widely available with varying protection levels)
- Can be used with a single filter on either side to ensure proper cheek weld for left- or right-handed shooters
- Comes with a pre-installed hydration system and canteen
- Compatible with CamelBak water bladders with a Type A or M adapter (not included)
- Compatible with MIRA Safety gas mask microphone (sold separately)
- Compatible with MIRA Safety gas mask replacement parts kit
- Conforms to European quality and sustainability standards, marked with the CE symbol
- Meets all requirements under EN 136:1998, Class III
- Complies with all standards under EN 168 for impact protection, making this the perfect mask for riot control situations
- Carries MIRA Safety’s 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Manufactured in the Czech Republic
MAXIMUM SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
The CM-8M features a radically re-engineered visor that combines an unmatched field of view (over 92%), with a contoured shape that’s 100% compatible with popular Night Vision, Rifle Scopes and Thermal Optic setups. That means preserving crucial peripheral vision while ensuring functionality in even the most hostile environments. That means not just an enhanced field of view, but enhanced overall awareness—allowing you to quickly and confidently assess and engage threats as needed.
CM-8M FULL FACE RESPIRATOR SIZING
For the initial launch, the CM-8M will come in one universal size. The fit will be similar to the medium CM-7M, and the CM-6M which also come in one universal size. We do not recommend this mask for people with smaller-than-average head shapes, nor do we recommend it for above-average head shapes. Always conduct a negative pressure test to ensure you are getting a tight seal, and conduct this test each time when donning the mask.
As opposed to some full-face respirators that are extremely specialized and mission-specific, the CM-8M was designed as a mission-flexible upgrade for civilians, law enforcement and military alike. Since it’s not a dedicated military mask, that means everyone can tap into the same level of protection that’s trusted by top Special Forces.
MIRA SAFETY STRATEGIC SUPPORT
The CM-8M is part of the MIRA Safety family of masks; which means it uses the same filter cartridges, components and optional upgrades as your existing MIRA Safety masks. It’s compatible with the MIRA Safety Microphone System and Replacement Parts Kit, and it features the same basic construction as your existing MIRA Safety masks; allowing for rapid transition and upgrade to the CM-8M from existing platforms.
The CM-8M gas mask is made from thick bromobutyl rubber (CBRN-compliant) with a polycarbonate mask and a 6-point mesh head harness to ensure a rock-solid fit for users of all sizes.
The key improvement for the new CM-8M is its uniquely-contoured polycarbonate visor, combining unparalleled field-of-view with a flat front that works perfectly with all your optics and NVG systems.
We’ve also refined our existing gas mask designs, maximizing ergonomics and minimizing the overall size of the mask. The full-face respirator’s inner mask is made from a special hypoallergenic compound that prevents fogging and reduces carbon dioxide(CO2) content in the mask’s inner space, improving comfort for long hours of potential usage.
The CM-8M features a central speech diaphragm that ensures at least 95% intelligibility of speech; however the gas mask microphone is strongly recommended as an upgrade for all MIRA Safety masks. MIRA Safety replacement parts are compatible with the CM-8M mask, and more new accessories will be available for the platform soon.
Like all MIRA Safety masks, the CM-8M is designed for use with “NATO standard” filter cartridges (Rd 40 x 1/7” thread in accordance with the EN 148-1 standard).
Selection of a suitable filter depends on the type and concentration of anticipated toxic agent. The CM-8M tactical mask equipped with a TIC or CWA filter is only safe for use in an environment containing at least 19.5% oxygen. The principles of filter selection and application are described in the filter user guides.
The CM-8M tactical gas mask may be used in class 1 explosive environments only. The CM-8M mask meets all of the requirements for class 3 of the EN 136 standard. It’s a great choice for riot gear or as a riot control gas mask.
Breathing resistance at 30l/min. air flow:
The CM-8M tactical gas mask must be stored in a dark, cool and dust-free place free from sudden temperature changes. The storage room should be ventilated regularly. Temperatures may vary between 10°C and 25°C within relative humidity up to 65%. NBC gas masks must not be exposed to radiant heat or sunshine. Fuels, solvents, lubricants and other inflammable substances, including chemicals, must not be stored with masks. Moreover, there must not be any electrical machines or appliances that produce sparks or discharges during operation (ozone creation).
Avoid deformation of the rubber parts of the facepiece and internal CBRN gas mask during storage.